All software products need data as fuel on which to run. PubWorks is no different. Prior to installation and training, we want your tank full of fuel so you can hit the ground running on day one.
Data migration and conversion services are critical to achieving this goal. We have successfully converted data from spreadsheets, competitor systems, in-house legacy systems into PubWorks. No problem - we can convert it. Your existing data might be in Excel, Access, dBase, FoxPro or any number of proprietary or standard formats. No problem - we can convert it.
Identifying these data source and the role they play in your business processes is one of the outcomes of the Pre-Installation Analysis service. Migrating your existing data - regardless of format or volume - is a key leg in to journey to making PubWorks successful in your organization.
Competent installation of PubWorks might be taken for granted but a number of critical issues come to the surface in this phase of a the software implementation:
- How much space should be allocated for the database?
- How much space should be allocated for file storage?
- How many users and client PCs are we accommodating?
- What are the preferences and privileges of each user?
- On what side of the DMZ are placing the database?
- How do we gain access the SQL Server database?
These are just some of the questions that crop up. Most of these questions surface during Pre-Installation Analysis while others require the creative thinking of a solutions-oriented PubWorks technician during installation. Either way, we have the skill and perspective to help your IT staff successfully install PubWorks for efficient everyday operation.
Proper, targeted training is critical to success.
Yes PubWorks is easy to use and yes, some very successful customers are completely self-taught. Just the same, if we're providing training service let's make the most of it.
Another of the valuable Pre-Installation Analysis outcomes is determining which users require training and on which modules. We aim to provide targeted training to users in way that makes them immediately effective using PubWorks.
Post Installation Review
After you've been using PubWorks for a number of months or years, the goal is still mutual success. The Health Check is designed re-evaluate your business processes and work flow and coordinate them the functions and capabilities of PubWorks. We also aim to train new users, retrain veterans and introduce in collaborative fashion, new features and functionality. The Health Check can also serve as a means to work out solutions to problems based on our experience with our large customer base.
After you've been using PubWorks for a number of months or years, the goal is still mutual success. The Health Check is designed re-evaluate your business processes and work flow and coordinate them the functions and capabilities of PubWorks.
We also aim to train new users, retrain veterans and introduce in collaborative fashion, new features and functionality. The Health Check can also serve as a means to work out solutions to problems based on our experience with our large customer base.
Generally, the Health Check will include the following steps:
- Pre-meeting conference consultations to determine key areas of needs and main focus during onsite.
- This will include any necessary file transfers and data analysis.
- Review of Customer’s business environment and challenges.
- Review of any outstanding issues or questions.
- Review other data sources that can be integrated into PubWorks.
- Review of GIS Data and integration to PubWorks MapViewer.
- Analyze current use of PubWorks.
- Optimize the settings in PubWorks based on findings.
- Recommend the best use of the software to maximize benefits and productivity.
- Train users in order to quickly adjust to new mode of use.
- Post Health Check follow-up.
Your success with PubWorks is our goal.